- Introduction and Who We Are
- This website (www.allergycompanions.com) (“the website”) is owned and maintained by Allergy Companions Limited whose registered office is at 11 Waterloo Place, Warwick Street, Leamington Spa, CV32 5LA. Allergy Companions Limited is a private limited company in England and Wales (13403451). For the purposes of this Privacy Notice and the website Allergy Companions Limited is trading under the brand name Allergy Companions (“Company”) but all references in this Privacy Notice to Allergy Companions is a reference to the legal entity Allergy Companions Limited a private company limited in England and Wales (13403451).
- In this Privacy Notice reference to “Allergy Companions” “we”, “us” and “our” mean Allergy Companions Limited and “you” means the user of the website. This is the Privacy Notice of Allergy Companion Limited.
- In this Privacy Notice the following terms have the meaning set out below:
“Data Protection Legislation” means the Data Protection Act 2018; the UK General Data Protection Regulations and all applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in the UK which apply to a party relating to the use of Personal Data (including, without limitation, in relation to the privacy of electronic communications) as amended and the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioners Office applicable to a party as amended or replaced from time to time.
“Personal Data” has the meaning given to that term in the UK GDPR.
“Process” has the meaning given to that term in the UK GDPR and "Processed" and "Processing" shall be construed accordingly.
“UK GDPR” means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- This Privacy Notice tells you about the information we collect from you (including any Personal Data), what we ask others to tell us about you and what we do with your information and who we share it with.
- At Allergy Companions Limited we treat your information (including your Personal Data) with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. We are committed to protecting your privacy and recognise our responsibility to hold your information securely and confidentially.
- What information we collect and how we use it
- We will collect Personal Data and other information when you register with our website, register an interest with us, request to be added to our mailing list or contact us with questions.
- We use the information collected to gather and monitor useage statistics including but not limited to:
- The number of people who visit our website;
- The number of new/repeat visitors;
- The date and time of visits;
- The number of pages viewed;
- The time spent on the website; and
- The most popular sections of our website.
- This information is anonymous and no attempt will be made by us to identify visitors. The information can help us to ensure our website is user friendly and convenient for visitors. Although we don’t hold any personal information about the visitors to our website in terms of email addresses or any other Personal Data (unless they request a service from the Website in which case please refer to clause 2.5) we are able to and do use this information for:
- research and management information purposes;
- to help us improve our services;
- to help us administer and maintain our website;
- to help us improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our business;
- to help improve or modify the way the Company makes decisions.
Collecting & Using your Personal Data
- Where it is necessary to provide you with any service you request (for example, if you subscribe to receiving email updates or newsletters from us, you register an interest in leaving a review, or if you use our contact form to send us a query) we will ask you for your Personal Data so that we can provide you with a response and the information you request. This Personal Data may include your name, address, phone number and/or your email address. This information is securely stored on our website.
- Sharing your Personal Data
- Allergy Companions Limited may also share your Personal Data if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) protect and defend the rights or property of Allergy Companions Limited; (ii) enforce this Privacy Notice or the Website’s terms and conditions of use agreement; (iii) protect the interests of other users of the website or any other person; or (iv) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of the website or equipment.
- Allergy Companions Limited may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Protection of Personal Data
- Taking into account the risks involved in the processing and nature of Personal Data and to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction and while maintaining data accuracy, Allergy Companions Limited has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial policies and procedures to safeguard the Personal Data it collects. Although we do our best to protect the Personal Data we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
- Consequences of Failure to Provide Information
- If we cannot collect the necessary Information from you, it will make it impossible for us to respond to your queries, add you to our mailing list and provide you with information on our products, future updates and the purposes as outlined above.
- The Lawful Grounds for Processing your Information
- If we Process any of your Personal Data we will only do so for lawful reasons as permitted by Data Protection Legislation. These are:
- Contract: the processing is needed in order to perform a contract we have together;
- Legal obligation: this is so that we can comply with certain laws and regulatory requirements;
- Consent: when you have consented to us processing your information;
- Legitimate Interests: this means that the processing is in our legitimate interests. We will not prejudice your rights when processing your information for our legitimate interests and you have a right to opt out of our processing on this basis at any time.
- Criminal Law Enforcement: including for the detection and/or prevention of criminal activity or where it is necessary for the assessment of risk or prevention of fraud.
- The Purpose of Processing your Personal Data and the associated Lawful Bases
- Here we set out the way we Process your Personal Data and also the grounds we rely on to do this.
- Here we set out the way we Process your Personal Data and also the grounds we rely on to do this.
|Why we process your information||The grounds we rely on to do this|
|To send you information regarding our products and future updates.|
To understand how people interact with our websites, carry out and determine the effectiveness of advertising/marketing campaigns and to help us run promotional campaigns.
To add you to a mailing list
To allow you to leave reviews on venues you have visited.
|To comply with legal and regulatory requirements||Legal obligation, Contract, Legitimate Interests and Criminal Law Enforcement|
|Identify and prevent fraud and enhance the security of our network and system||Legal obligation and Criminal Law Enforcement|
|Understand how people interact with our websites|
Carry out and determine the effectiveness of advertising, and of marketing campaigns
Run promotional campaigns
Carry out analysis of customers to assess risk, model, and plan strategy & growth
|Legal obligation, Consent, Legitimate Interests and Criminal Law Enforcement|
- We may monitor, record and keep any calls you make to us and any emails you send us via this website for the purposes of responding to your request.
- Who We Share your Information with:
- In order to provide our services and comply with legal obligations imposed on us we may share your Information with:
- Legal, financial, valuation & other professional advisors;
- IT Maintenance personnel;
- our funders and our own lender;
- our auditors
- How Long will we keep your Information?
- We keep your information for as long as required for the purpose that you gave it to us or for such other longer period of retention required by the Data Protection Legislation or other applicable law. For more information please contact our Data Protection Officer as detailed below.
- Transfer of Information
- We will not transfer your Personal Data outside of the United Kingdom. However, from time to time some of our external third parties may be based outside the UK so their processing of your Personal Data may involve a transfer of data outside the UK.
- Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism and relevant safeguards which apply to such transfers used when any Personal Data is transferred out of the UK.
- Your Rights
Accessing your Information:
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data. If you would like a copy of your information, please write to our Data Protection Officer. Your request will be dealt with as quickly as possible and in any event you will not have to wait for more than a month for us to respond. If at that stage we are unable to provide the data you require (due to the complexity or number of requests) we can extend the period to provide the data by a further two months but shall explain the reason why.
Correcting your Information:
- You have the right to have your information corrected free of charge by contacting our Data Protection Officer as detailed below.
Automated Decision Making:
- An Automated Decision is a significant decision affecting you that is made using your Personal Data solely by automatic means, where no humans are involved in the decision-making process. We do not and will not make automated decisions affecting you based on profiling. An indicative conclusion may be reached on the basis of Personal Data you have provided, but a member of our team will always review this.
- You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect. An informal email or message via our email address email@example.com making this request is sufficient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed.
- Who controls your Personal Data and how can you contact them?
- Allergy Companions Limited controls your Personal Data. Any questions or concerns you have can be addressed to our Data Protection Officer, at our registered office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the interest of customer service and to ensure the accuracy of our records, calls may be recorded and monitored.
- Your Right to Make a Complaint
- If you are unhappy about the way we handle your Personal Data please contact our Data Protection Officer and we will do our best to address your concerns swiftly and resolve any issues you have. This can be done by emailing email@example.com and marking your email for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
- If you have a concern about an organisation’s information rights practices, you can report it to the Information Commissioners Office helpline on 0303 123 1113 (local rate – calls to this number cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers).
- Telephone Calls
- In order to maintain the highest levels of service, telephone calls made to our offices are dealt with through a call routing system and may be recorded. A statement that calls may be recorded for business or training purposes is played on connection of each incoming call.
- Social Buttons
- On every page of the website you will see buttons for social media sites such as Twitter or Facebook or Instagram. You should be aware that if you click on any of these buttons, these external third party sites will be registering that action and may use your information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting our site and the specific pages you are on. This might happen even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services. You should check the respective policies of such sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt-out or delete such information.
- Cookies and other services
- Analytics - The website uses analytical data provided by Google Analytics. You can find out more about the types of analytical data and how that data is processed by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Do Not Track Signals – Allergy Companions Limited does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
- We reserve the right at any time to revise this Privacy Notice without notice. The revised version will be made available on the website. Therefore, please regularly review the Privacy Notice posted on this website.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- This website, any content contained therein, any usage of and the operation of our website are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this Privacy Notice and/or the website.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last updated in October 2021.
- Contacting Us
- If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org