We, at Allergy Companions, believe in the following values:
- Everybody is welcome to contribute
- all people with allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease are welcome to be part of Allergy Companions, no matter how life-limiting or life-threatening your condition is – we all have the right to find a place that welcomes us, and understands our fears and concerns;
- we embrace diversity of thought – all ages, gender, ethnicities and people from different religious backgrounds are welcome on our site;
- All our Allergy Companions Full Member venues have signed up to a Charter that embraces the core values of Allergy Companions, and believe that “anyone dining out with allergies, intolerances or coeliac disease, should be able to enjoy a meal out safely and without judgment”;
- Sharing is caring. Please remember to write a review every time you have a positive experience at a food venue and make sure you to tell friends and family about Allergy Companions. The more people we can reach, the more people suffering from food allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease can benefit from the content shared on our website;
- Because improving the lives of those living with allergies is at the core of our business, we will donate at least 10% of all profits to research and charities associated with food allergies;
- We believe in positivity and recognising food venues and businesses that take allergies seriously - whilst we appreciate you might feel frustrated by the way some places in the food business do not welcome people with allergies, we believe that it is by spreading positivity, and sharing information on businesses that are great at looking after those with allergies, that better results can be achieved long-term;
- We believe that food venues that are prepared to welcome all those with allergies and coeliac disease, and go the extra mile, should be praised and recognised for being amazing at what they do. They are our true Allergy Companions.
When submitting your reviews, please:
- Be courteous and polite
- Be respectful of other people’s views
- Be factual and provide information that will help others make an informed decision on where to eat, based on your experience of eating with allergies
- Refrain from using swearwords or profanities, as your review might offend other readers and therefore will not be published.